Thursday, June 18, 2009

Busy Thursday

A little before noon I got a call from Bill Saubert asking if I could come over and take him to the Doctor..I said sure and got the car and stopped in front of his house...I went in and he couldn't hardly move...His knee was swollen and he couldn't put any weight on it or bend it...We just couldn't figure out how to get him out to the car and he said he didn't know if he could get in any way...We finally called the ambulance...They loaded him up and took him to Knapp in Weslaco...We both were sure he would have to stay as he was in bad shape...I went on back home and showered and got ready to go to another park to play pool for a while...Marilyn was going to play cards up at the little hall for the afternoon...I told her that I was going to quit playing pool early and stop by the hospital to see what was going on with Bill...After I played for a while I told the guys I had to go to do a hospital check on a friend...When I got to the hospital I ask about Bill at the ER...They looked on the computer and said wait here just second...The next thing I see was Bill coming through the doors in a wheelchair...They were releasing him....What timing...He was a lot better...They drained a lot of fluid from his knee and gave him a shot of antibiotics....I got him home OK and settled in...We saw him tonight and he was feeling a lot better...All in all it was a busy day for me and not the kind of busy I like...At least the hospital part...The thing is we never know the next time it might be us...