Sunday, May 8, 2011

Update

Well yesterday was brisket smoking day....It took all day but I didn't have to do much work with it just kind of keep an eye on just what was happening....I managed to start late in the morning as most of you know that I am not a morning person to get started on things....But I did start about 10 o'clock with the smoke rolling from the smoker in just 10 minutes with 220 degrees for heat....I used hickory wood for this time,but sometime in the future I am going to try some different woods for flavor....I finished up the meat in the roaster after 6 hours in the smoker....I had some later in the evening when I sliced the meat up....I must say that it turned out very well.....I caught Gene making a couple of sandwiches today and I asked him how it tasted and he said great....I don't think I will have be able to keep this around very long with him making sandwiches....Oh well I guess that's what I made it for-----to eat and enjoy....HA HA
It sure was different today not having church over at Magnolia...It just didn't seem like Sunday....It just means I will have to be more willing to study the bible on my own...It's always more work when you don't have a Pastor to help you keep focused....Till next time......