Sunday, September 20, 2009

Busy Weekend

I have been kind of busy having fun this weekend...I have gone bird hunting the last two days in the afternoon and am finding out that I am out of practice shooting...I shot a lot of shells, got a lot birds but missed more than I should have for sure...I had a lot of fun though...One of my friends from Weslaco takes me every year bird hunting and I sure enjoy it...When we first started, he would take me places where I didn't even know where I was for sure...He knows all the back roads and can get me lost very quickly...I am finally getting my bearings after a couple of years riding in the truck...We didn't limit out on either day but came close....Marilyn played cards this afternoon so that left me free to go...We got rained on a little bit today but not enough to quit hunting...Yesterday it sprinkled on us, but when we drove home thru Weslaco a lot of the streets were flooded and blocked off....I couldn't believe how much water was standing around....We had two inches of rain at our house in a short time...Marilyn was getting worried about me she said cause of the rain...I told her that we didn't even get wet and we weren't setting in the truck...That just shows how much the weather varies down here in deep south Texas....