Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday a day of rest

Today we had a day of rest and did nothing over at the new house...Matter of fact we didn't even go over there....Yesterday Gene and I started fairly early in the day and thought we would be able to get through what we wanted to do early....We stopped at the hardware store and got some materials needed and headed for the house at Siesta....I refurbished the old trim and matched the color of the old and new trim....Gene took down a kitchen light that we wanted to replace and update...When he went to install the new light he found that the glass was broken, so while I returned it to the store , he started to install the new trim...I couldn't get the exact same light that was broken so I had to make a new choice of light....Marilyn doesn't know just what it looks like yet but it is up and she will have to live with it for a while at least....When Gene got the trim done it looked just great...It couldn't have been better...While he installed the new light in the kitchen, I installed a new light fixture over Marilyn's washer and dryer...The light in that area was just a piece of junk and not even right for the area...Before we moved the furniture back in the kitchen, we took a good look at the finished job and I was so pleased at how every thing turned out...I know that Marilyn will love it....After moving everything back we quit for the day....Tomorrow I am going to just clean up in the rooms and have them ready for the carpet layers whenever they call...It's just a waiting game now...Of course we can always find little things to do so we won't be bored at all...It was sure nice to have the day off...HA HA