Saturday, July 25, 2009

Special Day

Well today was our 51st wedding anniversary...We didn't have a big party or celebration or any thing like that...We just went out to dinner over in McAllen at Furr's...The only thing is we eat too much when we do that so it's good that we don't do that very often....Marilyn didn't have to cook all day and that is a break for her....We were too full from dinner to eat much tonight , so we just had some left overs from the meatloaf and potato salad from yesterday...Now I know why she made so much then....She's always thinking ahead of me it seems....After 51 years and I still don't know how she has put up with me for that long...I know that I don't have her fooled about anything so??????...I just know I couldn't do with out her...

I was talking to our youngest son (John) this afternoon and he told me that his oldest boy (Garett) got hurt in wrestling camp this week with a concussion..Later Garett called us to tell us he was OK and not hurt to bad...Marilyn was talking to him on the phone and he said "Grandma have you been married 51 years?"...She said yes and he said "That's a LONG time Grandma"...Talk about feeling OLD, that will make you think...

I had to smile when I remembered that we share the anniversary date with Butch and Barbara Brooker...Only thing is we have seniority as we were married a year before..Happy Anniversary Butch and Barbara....