Thursday, July 1, 2010

We Survived the Storm

Well the storm is over and past us about a hundred miles south in Mexico...I am so glad that it missed us cause I didn't want Marilyn to tell me she told me we should get out of Dodge before it got here...I didn't want to go as we had just gotten home and was too tired to travel any more....We did get a lot of rain (about 6 inches worth) during the day and night, but hardly any wind, at least here at the house....It would rain like cats and dogs for a little bit and then just let up and the sun would come out for a while and then do it again...Kind of crazy as just as you got out to look around it would start to rain and get you wet before you could get back to the house...At least nothing was tore up....

I made a trip over to Magnolia and drove through on every street and didn't see any damage, just several small LAKES that I drove threw...So all the folks up NORTH can breathe easy about their homes down here....We are sup post to have more showers on and off for the next few days, but we don't need the rain as we have plenty of it now....Well more later...